Infused Banana Bread: A Delicious Cannabis Edible Recipe
This easy recipe renders scrumptious banana bread with an elevated twist.
Banana Bread is one of those delicious year-round foods that's scrumptious with a bit of milk or hot tea. Whether it's the middle of winter or high-noon in summer, banana bread is a comfort food that can make nearly anyone's mood perk up.
Here you'll find a simple but different recipe for how to make infused banana bread. It calls for cannabis-infused flour, but this can be switched out with normal flour and infused butter can be used instead. It just depends on what you have on-hand!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 60-80 minutes
Ingredients Needed for Cannabis-Infused Banana Bread
3 extremely ripe bananas.
2 cups Cannaflour
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, room temp/softened
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Materials Needed for Cannabis-Infused Banana Bread
9x5x3 loaf pan
2 Small bowls
Large mixing bowl
Cannabis-Infused Banana Bread Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
*Note: Some cannabinoids begin to vaporize at 315 degrees (though not the psychoactive ones) so you may choose to lower the temp of your oven. Simply add on some cooking time.
2. Prep Mixing Bowl
- Cream sugar & butter in large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add one egg, beat with whisk. Add second, beat with whisk.
3. Prep Bananas
- Smash bananas with fork in small bowl.
- Mix in cinnamon and milk.
4. Prep Dry Ingredients
In separate bowl, mix Cannaflour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
5. Combine Elements
- Add banana blend to creamed mixture, stir thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing until flour dissolves.
6. Pour & Bake
- Pour batter into loaf pan and place in center of oven for 60-80 minutes. Bread will be done when inserting toothpick into center of loaf comes out clean.
- When done, let cool for about 15 minutes before taking out of loaf pan. Allow to cool completely before slicing (otherwise it may crumble).
You can always add some honey to the cooling bread after you take it out of the oven. Or you could spread some butter (or cannabutter) on top. Do you know what cannabis-infused banana bread is called? Bananabis bread! There's even some that call it cannabanana bread!
Thanks for checking out our Cannabis-Infused Banana Bread recipe here at Hytiva and we wish you a great day of baking! If you've baked up some infused banana bread before, we're curious about your experience and how you infused it - please share in the comments below! Cheers ~