Florida Dispensaries Welcome Seniors and Vets with Varying Symptoms
Here are a few Florida dispensaries Seniors and Vets can visit when considering cannabis.
Among the cannabis consumers of Florida, seniors and veterans are showing up at dispensary doors searching for solutions to their physical and mental ailments. In states like Colorado or Nevada, it isn’t uncommon for seniors to seek alternatives while vets are abundant in dispensaries near bases. This is seemingly the case for Florida seniors & veterans as well.
Common Dispensaries in Florida Serving Seniors
You’ll find that there are a few dispensaries that have already opened multiple locations in Florida – and each is unique in its shopping experience.
- Trulieve is a dispensary with multiple locations including Miami Gardens, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Vero Beach... There are more, but a quick Google search might help you find the one closest to you. Their products are neatly organized behind glass counters and on shelves behind the budtenders. Trulieve offers customers a clean, professional environment to purchase cannabis products of all kinds.
- Curaleaf is a dispensary that can be found in Tampa, Tallahassee, Port Charlotte, and Ocala among others. Massive flatscreens line their walls while displaying their menu, and the décor is reminiscent of an Apple store.
- Fluent Cannabis Dispensary is another that has multiple locations up and down Florida – around 16 – spanning from Cutler Bay all the way up to Fort Walton Beach in the panhandle. In the environments found at their locations, you’re greeted with beautiful modern lighting and golden yellows on the walls instead of the more common greens cannabis is associated with.
There are a multitude of other fantastic dispensaries to choose from, and you can search for the ones nearest you on our map where ordering pick-up or delivery is made easy.
Common Symptoms Seniors & Veterans treat with Cannabis
If you’re still on the fence about giving cannabis a try, you can always have a conversation with your doctor first – or you can take a look at these common symptoms we’ve found that other seniors and vets have used cannabis for to help you make a decision:
- Arthritis & Chronic Pain – Some strains, specifically indicas or hybrids, have been reported to dull or completely get rid of arthritis/chronic pain. Cannabis has the potential to act as an analgesic, but it’s important to find the right amount of THC or CBD in a strain so it suits your needs. Keep in mind, using it for chronic pain does not cure the underlying symptom – it just masks the pain to make it manageable. If you’d like to learn more, take a look at our articles:
- Cannabis for Arthritis Pain and Inflammation
- Using Cannabis for Arthritis: 6 Facts to Consider
- Pennywise vs Cannatonic for Treating Arthritis
- PTSD – Some strains act to calm racing thoughts, relieve anxiety, and allow the mind to experience stress-free bliss as some vets have reported. Anyone with any form of PTSD could possibly benefit from cannabis, but it all depends on what your needs are and if your body reacts positively to its use. It’s possible a strain that improves creativity could also work – to keep the mind busy and in the present moment. Learn more:
- Treating PTSD with Cannabis
- Nausea, Vomiting, Appetite – Whether you’re experiencing these symptoms from cancer/chemo or another ailment, cannabis reputedly helps the digestive system in a plethora of ways. Some have reported using it successfully to rid the nerve-wracking sensation of nausea, improve their appetite (and keep the food down), and to help relieve symptoms of Crohn’s Disease. For further information about how cannabis helps the digestive system, check out our video where Hytiva’s Chief of Science explains more:
- Cannabis & the Digestive System
- Parkinson’s Disease – You’ll find several fantastic videos on the internet uploaded by people with PD showcasing them trying cannabis when their symptoms were becoming intense. The result is that within minutes their shaking had all but stopped or dulled so much they were able to carry on freely with their day. Learn More from our Chief of Science:
- Medical Cannabis for Parkinson’s Disease
There are plenty more symptoms that cannabis might offer help for - especially when it comes to seniors and veterans. To further delve into the world of cannabis and its benefits, feel free to browse our Cannabis Learning Center where you’re bound to find the answers to your questions. If you’re a Florida resident looking for a great dispensary near you, take a look at Hytiva’s map where you’ll become familiar with the cannabis market around you.
Are you a senior using cannabis and want to express your experience? Leave your words in the comments below to share your insights!